We provide the latest in healthcare services by a caring staff who have a genuine interest in the residents they serve. Through every avenue available to us we strive to improve the quality of life for residents.
Baptist Village has an established reputation for quality healthcare. This is accomplished in part through a multi-discipline team skilled in responding to the needs of the residents. We make every effort to serve the psychological, rehabilitative, spiritual and medical needs of residents.
Baptist Village is managed by a full-time licensed Administrator. All residents receive their care under the direction of their personal physician. The primary care team is comprised of registered nurses and licensed practical nurses who tend to the medical needs of residents, while certified nursing assistants provide support in daily living activities… 24-hours a day. Therapy programs, when indicated, are designed to help residents maintain or regain their fullest health potential.
- Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, and Certified Nursing Assistants 24 hours a day
- Social Services
- Planned Therapeutic Activities
- Personal Laundry and linen services
- Environmental Services
- Dietary services specializing in therapeutic diets
- Routine Medical Supplies
- Blind residents will be escorted place to place by a staff member at the resident’s request
- Car transportation to local physician’s offices for ambulatory residents only
- Bus service to two downtown churches for Sunday morning worship, health permitting
- Bus service to specific shopping areas during the week, health permitting
- Wheelchair service for those who require transportation on campus
- Resident Fund Account
- Three services each week at the Mitchell Chapel
- Beauty/Barber Shop services weekly
- Provide skilled nursing care to residents who need medical care, nursing care, or recuperation from acute illness, but not at the level of intensive care provided by a hospital
- Provide custodial and supportive medical care
- Admission by application and Physician referral
- Medicare, Medicaid, Private Insurance, Hospice and Private Pay accepted
Baptist Village Retirement Communities offers rehabilitation services for a wide variety of health care needs: from accidents and injuries such as fractured hips and strokes, to elective surgeries such as knee replacements, and for other debilitating illnesses. The goal of our rehab team is to facilitate residents in regaining the highest level of independence and safety.
- Referral is made by the Physician and evaluation is made by the Occupational Therapist.
- Improves function with activities of daily living including eating, dressing, and personal hygiene
- Upper body dysfunctions
- Teaches alternative ways to perform tasks using specially designed equipment and utensils
- Can increase strength or stamina lost due to certain health conditions
- Referral is made by the Physician and evaluation is made by the Physical Therapist.
- Range of motion in extremities and trunk
- Strengthening and conditioning
- Balance and posture training
- Ambulation and transfer training
- Wheelchair positioning and mobility
- Pain management
- Referral is made by the Physician and evaluation is made by the Speech Language Pathologist.
- Work with speech, language, cognitive, and swallowing disorders